|International Tax Rules||12||83.28|
Australia ranks 7th overall on the 2019 International Tax Competitiveness Index, an improvement from 9th in 2018.
- Property taxes in Australia are assessed on the value of the land rather than real estate or other improvements to land.
- Australia's corporate and individual taxes have an integrated treatment of dividends, alleviating the burden of double taxation on distributed earnings.
- Australia ranks well on consumption taxes due to its low VAT rate (but applies it to a relatively narrow base).
- Australia's treaty network consists of just 44 countries, when the average among OECD countries is 77.
- The corporate tax rate in Australia is 30 percent, above the OECD average (23.6 percent).
- Corporations are limited in their ability to write off investments.