|International Tax Rules||23||69.09|
Finland ranks 18th overall on the 2019 International Tax Competitiveness Index, three places worse than in 2018.
- Finland has a relatively low corporate tax rate of 20 percent.
- The compliance burdens of corporate, consumption, and labor taxes are all below the OECD averages.
- Finland has a territorial tax system and a broad tax treaty network with 86 countries.
- Finland levies both an estate and a financial transactions tax.
- Companies are limited in their ability to carry forward net operating losses and are restricted to using First-In-First-Out as the cost accounting method for inventory.
- Finland has a progressive tax system with a combined top rate on personal income of 58.4 percent.