|International Tax Rules||26||65.25|
Greece ranks 30th overall on the 2019 International Tax Competitiveness Index, one place better than in 2018.
- The personal tax rate of 15 percent on dividends is below the OECD average of 23.8 percent.
- Labor tax complexity is below the OECD average.
- Controlled Foreign Corporation rules in Greece are modest and only apply to passive income.
- Greece has an above-average corporate tax rate of 28 percent (OECD average is 23.6 percent).
- Companies are severely limited in the amount of net operating losses they can use to offset future profits, and companies cannot use losses to reduce past taxable income.
- At 24 percent, Greece has one of the highest VAT rates in the OECD on one of the narrowest bases.