|International Tax Rules||2||98.57|
Hungary ranks 14th overall on the 2019 International Tax Competitiveness Index, one spot worse than in 2018.
- Hungary has the lowest corporate tax rate in the OECD, at 9 percent.
- Hungary has a flat personal income tax system.
- Controlled Foreign Corporation rules are better-than-average.
- Companies are severely limited in the amount of net operating losses they can use to offset future profits, and companies cannot use losses to reduce past taxable income.
- Hungary has the highest VAT rate among OECD countries, at 27 percent.
- Hungary levies estate, asset, and financial transaction taxes.