|International Tax Rules||27||62.25|
Italy ranks 34th overall on the 2019 International Tax Competitiveness Index, one spot better than in 2018.
- Italy has above-average cost recovery provisions for investments in intangibles.
- Last-In-First-Out treatment of the cost of inventory is allowed.
- Italy has a broad tax treaty network, with 100 countries.
- Italy has multiple distortionary property taxes with separate levies on real estate, net wealth, estates, and financial transactions.
- The VAT rate of 22 percent applies to the third narrowest tax base in the OECD.
- Compliance with the personal income tax system takes 169 hours on average, highest by far in the OECD.