|International Tax Rules||35||36.28|
Mexico ranks 29th overall on the 2019 International Tax Competitiveness Index, the same as in 2018.
- The personal income tax rate on dividends is 17.1 percent, below the OECD average of 23.8 percent.
- Corporations can deduct property taxes when calculating taxable income.
- Mexico allows for Last-In-First-Out treatment of the cost of inventory.
- Compliance time associated with corporate and consumption taxes is approximately 100 hours.
- Companies are limited in the amount of net operating losses they can use to offset future profits and are unable to use losses to offset past taxable income.
- Mexico has a higher-than-average corporate tax rate of 30 percent (the OECD average is 23.6 percent).