|International Tax Rules||31||59.27|
The Slovak Republic ranks 11th overall on the 2019 International Tax Competitiveness Index, one spot worse than in 2018.
- The personal income rate on dividends is very low at 7 percent (compared to an OECD average of 23.8 percent).
- The Slovak Republic has better-than-average tax treatment of business investment in machinery, buildings, and intangibles.
- Corporations can deduct property taxes when calculating taxable income.
- Companies are severely limited in the amount of net operating losses they can use to offset future profits and are unable to use losses to reduce past taxable income.
- The VAT of 20 percent applies to less than half of the potential tax base.
- The Slovak Republic has both a patent box and a super deduction for Research and Development expenditures.