|International Tax Rules||10||85.22|
The United Kingdom ranks 25th overall on the 2019 International Tax Competitiveness Index, one place better than in 2018.
- The corporate income tax rate is 19 percent, below the OECD average (23.6 percent).
- The UK has a territorial tax system exempting both foreign dividend and capital gains income without any country limitations.
- The UK tax treaty network with 129 countries is the broadest in the OECD.
- The personal income tax rate on dividends is 38.1 percent, well above the OECD average (23.8 percent).
- Corporations are severely limited in the investment costs they are able to write off, particularly for industrial buildings.
- The VAT of 20 percent applies to less than half of the potential consumption tax base.